
Why the afternoon bath? Jamison is my prodigy potty trainer. He really is. Initiating potty training on his own at the tender age of 18 months. He is still in diapers but it is rare I change a poopy one. Today as he was doing his thing on the potty I decided "why not give him some privacy" I walked into the other room for about 30 seconds before deciding to check on him. When I got back into the bathroom Jamison was chewing on something. To my horror he had poop on his hands!!! I was mortified. I stared at him in shock, wondering if I should take him to the doctors. Well, no need to. It wasn't long before he started gagging. I continued to stare feeling completely incompetent as a parent at that moment. He gagged again, I stared some more. The gagging got more and more intense, my prolonged gaze more and more helpless until it came. The vomit. Believe it or not but this vomit was very much taken with a sigh of relief. To my comfort whatever had recently been in him in the last hour was most definitely out of him. The vomiting continued but fortunately I was able to regain my composure enough to rub his back (still bare bottomed and poopy handed on the toilet) and tell him he was okay. The tears came (from Jamison) and the throwing up continued. All I could think to do was let him throw up on himself, and his poop covered hands, while I hugged his vomit covered body and told him he was okay. Once it all stopped I wiped up the poop and vomit as best I could and bath time it was. He was happy about this. And that is adventures in parenting.
Oh Mae, what a wonderful mama you are. Who cares if it was pooh...his little helpless feelings were so much more important. You can wash away pooh, and you didn't miss a moment to be a great mama!~ I love you dear one. xoxoxo mama
ReplyDeleteGlad to have been around for this. Well, not quite around, but I was shocked when I came over, the bathroom all clean and Jamison sparkling, happy and smiling as usual, to hear this little bit of trauma had occurred. You are an awesome Mom!
ReplyDeleteOh my Lord! That is a funny and sad story all in one! You ARE such a great Momma!
ReplyDeleteXO