Sunday, March 28, 2010

My son's creativity blows my mind and makes me wonder where mine went. With each bite one piece of toast goes from a truck, to a boat, then an airplane, and finally a chicken. It evokes laughter in me just to watch the transition. The funny part is that he genuinely believes his piece of toast is actually each of the above mentioned nouns. He grabs his toast, takes a bite, looks at it and loudly exclaims "a truck" as though he can't believe his eyes. 'What is a truck doing right there on my plate? How wonderful,' he must be thinking.

I remember being young and having all kinds of daydreams, maybe too many as I often zoned while at school. Where did that go? At this point in my relationship with my son I am being inspired to try and regain some of my youthful imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment