Monday, February 1, 2010

Puppy?!?

Do we dare get a puppy?

Rob wants a dog, Jamison wants a dog and well, mom has some reservations. I still miss my old dog. It will be a year on February 5th that we lost her. I always wanted a rescue dog from the pound. I have even been a couple times but nothing clicked. Now out of no where my sister in law has a puppy she rescued at her veterinarian clinic. The puppies came in, all of them dying. As the bill rose the owner decided to let them die. My sister in law however was not willing. She volunteered her time and money at the clinic to fight for the dogs. Two survived. A white one and a brown one. Rob and I were sent an e-mail asking if we would be interested in taking on of these boxer puppies if they survive. I was adamant about NOT taking one. Rob on the other hand kept an open mind. By the sound of the e-mail it didn't seem like the pups would survive anyway so I didn't say much. As time went on the girls got stronger and here we are trying to decide if we are ready to pick up poop again. Rob is positive he wants one and I suppose I will "allow" it as it almost feels as though these dogs chose us. Hmmm, will we get the brown or white one? I didn't want a puppy, I didn't want a purebred and here I am on the verge of accepting a rescue dog that is a pure bread, boxer puppy.

Potty training!

Poop picking up!

Vet appointments!

Obedience classes!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should adopt Rex, the failed foster dog we have. He is wonderful, totally trained, even lasted 10 hrs in the crate overnight. he has similar aggression issues Jamie had so I know you would know how to handle him. We gave up when he failed with Chester and we didn't want to risk it. He is a really amazing dog. I cant' say I blame you for your worries about a puppy, after our weekend with Rex, and how hard it was for us, I can't imagine how crazy a puppy would be.

    ReplyDelete