Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthday Boy

So it happened. My baby turned 2! I cannot believe how much we have grown together. I am amazed to watch him take what I teach him and apply it to his little life. I am amazed at how much he has taught me and how I can apply it to my little life. Being a parent is utterly mind blowing. I cannot even articulate how wonderful it is! I must admit such a reward does not come without hard work but I cannot think of a better thing to work hard for than my son!

He started the day out as a bit of a grump.




But cheered up when his Sock Monkeys arrived!



I have to admit I was very unprepared for Jamison's birthday. I think that is something he will have to learn to live with in this family. Rob nor myself are the type to plan big parties, or celebrations. Between work and a good fight with a stomach virus I was unable to get a cake, card or present; absolutely nothing. I did however make sure I took the day off and so did Rob. That is what Jamison cares about most anyway; time with his mom and dad. The innocence that leads him to care little about monetary objects and more about quality time is something I think we can all learn from. None the less I have to give thanks to my Grammy for saving the day. I was not too worried that I had nothing for him as Grammy came to the rescue with her box of Sock Monkeys she sent him. I was happy he had something to open on his birthday and so was he!

He was pretty into the fact that every time he reached into the box more Sock Monkey paraphernalia was in there for his little hands to grab onto.







Right away he started nursing the "baby" Sock Monkey. In his own words "nurse baby". I told him what a good daddy he was.




After he got his Sock Monkeys we headed off to Wheeler Farm at Jamison's request. "Farm with Lola" he said when given the option of what to do. I do have farm pictures but they were taken
with Rob's camera so I don't actually have access to them right now. After the farm we went to the store to get his (and Rob's) favorite cupcake mix so I could make them while Jamison slept. After nap time Jamison was surprised with cupcakes!! We sang happy birthday, and watched Jamison try to blow out 2 candles. He struggled but with dad's help they did it together!










After a haircut and a sushi dinner this fun packed day finally came to an end. Tomorrow we head to Southern Utah to celebrate his birthday some more! Jamison loves red dirt!

1 comment:

  1. What a great birthday he had.....love his hair cut too. xoxoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete