Thursday, August 9, 2012

Raquel, Raquel, Raquel. Dear sweet Raquel. You throw yourself on the floor with the slightest bit of disappointment but your smiles are many. You say, mama, dada, hi and bye although the latter two are indistinguishable audibly and can only be separated by the context they are used in. E.g. coming versus going. Today I hear Raquel around the corner saying, "i, i, i" I look to see her right up in Lola's face waving at her. Hahahah. Saying hi to the dog. Too cute.

My compassionate Jamison, I will always mourn the loss of our one on one relationship despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoy our dynamics as a trio (referring to our day to day stay at home lives, obviously we are a complete family with four). Jamison starts preschool soon and often tells me he is excited and nervous. Sounds perfectly normal to me and I let him know that. We have also discovered the wonderful world of the library! We have enough books to stock our own library so I was quite surprised when I realized that Jamison is sick of all our books. It became obvious when he started asking me to pull out the Christmas books. Really though I should have seen it sooner as I was awfully sick of reading them over and over again. I love The Cat In The Hat but after reading it for the 20th time love became downgraded to like and then shortly after that I simply appreciated it. Now we go to the library often, switching out the books we choose last week for the newest ones we want this week. Last week it was all about Clifford, this week it Curious George. Jamison gathers up as many books as he can carry, then a few more, and we sit and read as long as Raquel will let us. He then must pick no more than six books for him and one for Raquel. Nothing special about the number seven except that it is the number of books I have decided I can keep in the chaos of my home without losing them. It is always hard for him to narrow it down but when I remind him we get to come back he's more open to the idea of leaving some behind.



1 comment: